Crosby® HG-228 Jaw & Jaw Turnbuckles
- End fittings are Quenched & Tempered or normalized, bodies heat-treated by normalizing.
- Hot-dip galvanized steel.
- TURNBUCKLES RECOMMENDED FOR STRAIGHT OR IN-LINE PULL ONLY.
- Forged jaw ends are fitted with bolts and nuts for 1/4” through 5/8”, and pins and cotters on 3/4” through 2-3/4” sizes.
- Modified UNJ thread on end fittings for improved fatigue properties.
- Body has UNC threads.
- Lock nuts available for all sizes.
- Fatigue rated to 20,000 cycles at 1-1/2 times the Working Load Limit.
- Meets or exceeds all requirements of ASME B30.26 including identification, ductility, design factor, proof load and temperature requirements. Importantly, these turnbuckles meet other critical performance requirements including fatigue life, impact properties and material traceability, not addressed by ASME B30.26.
- Meets the performance requirements of Federal Specifications FF-T-791b, Type 1 Form 1 - CLASS 7, and ASTM F-1145, except for those provisions required of the contractor. For additional information, see Warnings & Applications.